2011年5月29日 星期日

Larger home for HEARTS Peer Support Center increases needs

Less than a year since clients, guests and dignitaries gathered to celebrate the grand opening at the HEARTS Peer Support Center in Nashua’s Millyard, there’s more grand news.

A growing membership using services and activities offered at the center have already made the present location a bit crowded, prompting a move scheduled for July, as well as a request to the Mailbag.

The new, much larger center will be located just a few doors away!

Support support center

“Here are some items we are looking for in preparation for our upcoming move to the new HEARTS Peer Support Center of Greater Nashua location,” writes Executive Director Ken L., of Nashua (LTR 2,663).

“Donations of a standard-size electric stove, standard-size electric dishwasher and two kitchen tables with eight chairs would be greatly appreciated. This would be a major start.

Furnishing needs

“I am a single mom of two boys, ages 19 and 12, and I am in desperate need of twin beds and dressers, and since my living room is very small, I could also use a sectional couch, if possible,” says Brandie K., of Nashua (LTR 2,801. “I make too much income to get help from anyone, but barely enough to get along.

“This is my last resort. I do not have transportation to pick up furniture, and have no beds to sleep on or a couch to sit on.

“My days off are Tuesdays and every other weekend. I was given your e-mail and would greatly appreciate any help you could send my way.”

沒有留言:

張貼留言