2012年5月14日 星期一

Botcon 2012 in Retrospect

Welcome to the InsidePulse Botcon 2012 review. I am your host, Mike Kaye, and I am making my triumphant return to IP after a bit of a sabbatical.

I spent last weekend at everyone’s favorite Transformers convention in Dallas, TX. Now, I know what you’re thinking. You read all the coverage on the real TF sites about the panels, reveals, etc.We offer you the top quality plasticmoulds design That’s not what this column will be about. This is going to be a bit of a backstage look and general fan response to the entire weekend.CMI moulding sells to retailers, I volunteer at the event and have been for the past few years .

Speaking of, as a small update on me, I’m back living in CA and loving it. Jen and I eventually got married. I started working for a random company named Angelica that provides linen and garments to hospitals coast to coast. The sales pitch in a tough economy was “hospitals will always have dirty linen. I’ve held a couple different positions with them, but I’m currently in charge of one of our plants in Pomona.

Gigatron (Overlord): Great mold for the figure and the head came out very cool . I’m dying to take a Generations Silverbolt and redeco it into the other half of him

Metalhwak: Here’s another figure I was a huge fan of, but it was polarizing. All the other Generations/Classics figures were given their pretender head (Bludgeon, Thunderwing, and Skullgrin come to mind). It made perfect sense to give him his human head. Others weren’t quiet as big a fan. Maybe we’ll end up with the Cyclonus repaint soon to make the other camp happy.

Shatter Glass Magnus: I think your selling point here is the Diaclone colors. The face is a little off, but it works in the storyline. Evil Prime rips off Magnus’s face, hence the Skeletor look.

SG Treadshot: This was a lackluster one for me. I originally liked the idea of another Action Master given it’s own mold. Apparently, this was more based off of Universe Treadshot. Random fact: I just checked TF Wiki because I couldn’t remember which line this figure was in. Apparently, he had beef with Ultra Magnus in the Universe bio too. They were buddies who choose opposing sides. This storyline also has them at each others throats.Welcome to the online guide for do-it-yourself Ceramic tile. I wonder if that is a nice coincidence or if someone really remembers this random one off figure.

Everyone’s favorite spike wearing, lift shoed, Transfan David Mack grabbed me from the airport. The obligatory stop by Walmart for water, gatoraid, and toys wasn’t far behind. Soundwave from TF Prime was mine!

We got to the hotel and immediately knew we were around Transfans. People were setting up shop playing with toys everywhere you looked. Plus,Award Winning solarpanel and heat pumps for electricity and heating. there was lots and lots of alcohol. I use to think it was just something my friends did there. I was wrong.

The hotel was located next to the Regency Tower. I didn’t realize it, but there was a lot of history very close by. We’ll get to that in a bit. We had a nice little coffee shop near the front desk along with a few over priced restaurants inside. The hotel would even set up a cafeteria style line right outside the show room each day to make sure Transfans didn’t have to go far.

DMack and I took the long trip up the glass elevator to the eleventh floor. We found room 1108 and konked out for the night.

First, I thought there was no way on earth it would be a white G1 Prime as Magnus or Scourge/Nemesis Prime. Hasbro/Fun Pub could make too much money on that.

I had a lot of fun guesses. One was the MetalHawk as Cyclonus mold everyone was cheering for. I also had a pipe dream of the Metalhwak mold as Pretender Starscream. By the way, everyone I spoke to at FunPub loved that idea, so if it happens I want my royalties.Welcome to polishedtiles. Of course, I never saw them from Alpha Trion as the Vector Prime mold…

Anyway, I was almost 100% positive we would be getting Actionmaster Rad from the Jazz mold. He was in the comic. We were getting a few other Jazz molds. I figured that was the most logical choice. At least I was right about the Jazz mold…

沒有留言:

張貼留言