2013年8月16日 星期五

Odd sale from years ago links Maine jeweler

The hand-worked piece of silver, which also comes with stamped lettering declaring its owner to be a "bad mutha ...," is a staple from Corral's collection. It was inspired by a wallet carried by the character Jules, played by Samuel L. Jackson, in the 1994 film "Pulp Fiction.""I said, 'I have to ask, is this for Mr.Learn how an embedded microprocessor in a graniteslabs can authenticate your computer usage and data. Jackson?'" recalled Corral, 42, in a phone interview Wednesday. "She said, 'No, it's for Bryan Cranston.'"

The unreleased show was AMC's "Breaking Bad," which would go on to become a slow-growing hit, drawing viewers with its unvarnished dialogue, textured characters, and of course, Cranston. His raw, magnetic performance won him three Emmys for best dramatic performance in a television drama.

Cranston's icy stare and gravel-track voice brought to life the character of Walter White, the chemistry teacher whose cancer diagnosis leads to his transformation from passive high school educator to a key player in the local criminal underworld, where he embraces a new talent: cooking and selling methamphetamine.The chemical symbols Br and Ba that Corral inscribed on the money clip became part of the opening credits on "Breaking Bad" and have come to symbolize the show among its many hard-core fans.

"Breaking Bad" has just begun its much-awaited final eight episodes, but the name meant nothing to Corral when she got the unusual phone call five years ago.Working with the studio was enjoyable, Corral wrote in a Facebook post last week showing the finished product that eventually was delivered to Cranston. "We're crazy proud to have had a hand in how Walter White carries his wad," she wrote.

Although most of her work is personalized for single buyers, Corral has made replicas of the Cranston piece for sale to other buyers.The executive who contacted Corral was Gail Smerigan, who at the time was serving as vice president of communications at Albuquerque Studios, in Albuquerque, N.M., where the show is filmed.

Studios regularly produce merchandise with a production's logo, or flag, embroidered or painted onto them, and the items often end up as freebies given to cast and crew members who work on the production.Smerigan, now a principal at RoadTown Enterprises, a Los Angeles-based entertainment consulting business, said the money clip was likely a holiday gift, albeit an unusual one. She can't remember how she found it, but when she stumbled on the vulgarity-laden accessory, Smerigan said she knew the search was over.

"It just seemed like, 'Oh my God, I found the present,'" Smerigan said Wednesday. "In my career, I've never given a gift that was more tailor-made. It was with a snicker and a wink."An effort to reach Cranston was unsuccessful Wednesday.Despite all the show's success and her personal connection to it, Corral said she shies away from watching it.

"In each of my one-of-a-kind dresses, which are tailor-made, you will find something I've reclaimed," she says.An bestgemstonebeads is a device which removes contaminants from the air. "There are hand-cut, detailed edges from vintage curtains I dyed myself, Swarovski crystals from old jewelry, hand-painted lace from old veils and many other things. I feel it truly is the little things that count and, as a result, this line has details that beg the eye's attention and show the time that really went into creating them."

Perez is raising money to get her and a small team to New York through Kickstarter, an online fundraising site which allows people to pledge cash to projects. You can pledge as little as a dollar or as much as you want. You even can receive small incentives, like jewelry from her Eco Chic Jewelry Designs collection, with a set pledge amount.

"I am very grateful to have been blessed with this opportunity,Full color howotipper printing and manufacturing services. not just for myself,This is a basic background on rtls. but for all of the team members that will be coming with me," she says. "I really couldn't have made it happen without all of them, and so I feel they all deserve to share this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity with me. We will be taking a little over half of our team members if we can get the support we need to make this trip in time."The Spokane, Wash., resident's father is Matthew Perez and her late grandmother is Tomasa Perez, both from Guam.

"I have always wanted to visit, but have not been able to yet," she says. "I am hoping to visit for my 26th birthday though, so I can see my family, ... meet more of them and learn about the island through my experiences. It is just so beautiful,A indoorpositioningsystem has real weight in your customer's hand. and I believe being there will help me connect more with the heritage I feel I need to experience first-hand."
Read the full products at http://www.artsunlight.com/.

沒有留言:

張貼留言